Helen Margaret Dent
Miss Helen Margaret Dent lived at 50 Newbury Road, Lytham St Annes when she donated the painting in 1949.
She was born in 1889 in Fallowfield, Manchester to Matthew William Dent and Helen Ada, nee Provis. In 1901 the family, including her sister, Kathleen, were living in Manchester with two servants. Her father was a commercial traveller in drapery and the 1911 census shows the family to be living at 5 West Bank Avenue in Lytham. This household also included a servant. Helen was described as a teacher of elocution and her sister taught the piano.
Kathleen married John Tattersall in 1918.
In 1924 the Dents lived at Greenfields, Westby Street, Lytham, where Helen Ada died in 1931.
By 1934 Matthew was living at 50 Laverton Road, Lytham St Annes. He died the following year and details of his estate appeared in the Lancashire EvenIng Post of 15 March 1935, granting probate to Helen and John Tattersall.
Helen Dent died in 1979.